Welcome to the Open Online Course in Producing and Editing Video for Online Learning Environments or VideOOC.
How will it work?
The course will run for 6 weeks starting in the first week of September.
Each week we will hold a live event which may be a webinar, fm, Skype or Google Hangout.
Each weeks lesson will consist of essential content, required reading, an essential activity and optional extra activities.
The aim of the course is to assist you in learning to plan, shoot, edit and share video content.
By the end of the six weeks you will have produced a short training video describing/showcasing your area of expertise.
(We are also using this as a pilot course for the project so we will be learning from you by collecting data to help us improve this course and to help us make other courses in future.)
Week by week overview
Keen to get started?
Take part in the pre-OOC activities;
- Find the course home page. (You’re here, well done!)
- Fill in the availability form
- Introduce yourself in using an instant video app like Animoto or by making a comic with something like Pixton (or whatever else you wish to use) and share the link with us either in the comments below or via Twitter (use hashtags #EmployID #videooc). Here’s mine!
- Make sure that you can access the live event (watch this space)
- Send a Tweet to introduce yourself using #EmployID #videOOC
- Reply to each other’s Tweets and comment on each other’s introductions.